Saturday, January 29, 2011

Michelle and Toa

Michelle is the sweetest sixteen year old I know. She volunteers at Kauai Humane Society and has been helping me photograph the dogs available for adoption. Michelle loves the dogs, that's just what she does and it's really important to my work but crucial for the dogs. By giving her affection freely, she helps the dogs enjoy the moment and I'm able to capture the smile that Michele draws. It might sound easy, playing with dogs for a couple of hours, but it's not. Every time Michele exits the shelter, she leaves a little piece of her heart behind. She knows some of these dogs won't find homes, and although she accepts the reality of their situation, she finds strength to continue the work despite the heartbreak. I've been an animal lover all my life, and it has taken me a long time to summon the courage to get this close to animals in need. I just can't help recognize her kindness and gentleness when interacting with the animals and her spirit and strength of heart for participating. Michelle you're awesome!!
Michele is hanging out with Toa. Toa is a male chihuahua terrier mix, about a year old. He is gorgeous and i'm amazed he has been available for almost two weeks. He has beautiful coloring, black and white face with a champagne coat. His fur is super soft too.


No comments:

Post a Comment