Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wailua Wheat Wahine Loop Road Kauai




Aloha! Welcome to the Kauai Bliss Photography blog. Please also visit website www.kauaiblissphoto.com to book Portrait Sessions, Weddings and more! Mahalo!!







































These photos are inspired by one of my favorite brews, Wailua Wheat from Kona Brewery. In 1995 I was introduced to my first wheat beer in Kailua-Kona by a gorgeous golden locked brewmaster by the name of Spoon. The beer was cloudy and a little zesty back then, and the label was purple and yellow, called Lilikoi Wheat and I loved everything about it. Many years later I would encounter another passion fruit beer manufactured by Kona Brewery, this time it would be at a liquor warehouse in Danbury CT 2008 and though the label read passion fruit wheat beer and the little gecko trademark told me right away who made this beer, it wasn't quite the same. Maybe it's the recipe, and definitely the name "Wailua Wheat" and the label was now a picture of a hawaiian girl in a waterfall. As much as I was happy to see the beer make it to the east coast, I was a little sad that the name had changed and payed homage to a river on a different island than where the brewery is located, and after all I'm a Big Island girl at heart and didn't like Kauai taking credit for something created on Hawaii... but that was in 2008. 
Now I live on Kauai and I have almost forgotten the original passionfruit beer... I love Kauai and I love drinking Wailua Wheat here more than anywhere else!!! My friend Jabrielle is a Kauai girl born and raised and if Wailua Wheat is in the stores it's also packed in Jabrielle's cooler. Jabrielle took me up to a hike past Wailua River, up to see the Blue Hole at Mt. Waialeale. The hike was gnarly and we are in serious need of refreshment, and Jabrielle had the Wailua Wheat on hand. Jabrielle jumped into Wailua stream to enjoy her beer. She became the hawaiian girl on the label to me, and the beer tasted even sweeter and spicier than I remember, and as refreshing as the cold waters of the Wailua.


 Mahalo for the inspiration.



















Love&Lifestyle Photographer Heather Ransley lives on Kauai and owns Kauai Bliss Photography, based in Koloa Hawaii, on the south shore of Kauai. Kauai photographer Heather Ransley specializes in Kauai portrait and family photography, Kauai wedding photography, Kauai Fine Art Photography and Kauai lifestyle photography. Please visit kauaiblissphoto.com to see more Kauai photography, Aloha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment