Saturday, December 25, 2010

Kauai Humane Society Dogs

This is Pepper, she is a 2 year old hound airedale mix. she has a sweet and gentle personality.

All of the dogs I photographed this week are amazing. 
I try not to think about them being homeless. 
I try to remember that I cannot save them all. 
I try to find beauty instead.
Despite the sadness of their situations, these dogs show me light, warmth and hope.
Their spirits are strong, their souls intact, their hearts open.


Birdie, a 10 year old little lady, she reminds me of the Golden Girls.



And Girl, 2 years old. She is gorgeous, playful and definitely a little loving lapdog. 




Kimo is a high energy but also very smart. He listens really well and already trained in the basics. I saw Kimo interact with a family, he was friendly and calm around the small children. 


And sweet Koshka, a young airedale mix. She has some evidence of neglect, super skinny too. But she responds so well to love and affection, I feel sad for her, I just know she is going to be a great dog if someone giver her a chance. 

Rj found a home!!! I get so stoked to learn when a dog I've spent time with is adopted! What a great feeling!
I hope I can help find these guys home. Merry Christmas everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment