Monday, November 11, 2013

Fastie (No Flash)

Aloha! Welcome to the Kauai Bliss Photography blog. Please also visit website www.kauaiblissphoto.com to book Portrait Sessions, Weddings and more! Mahalo!!


I love natural light. There are two golden hours of light every day and I limit portrait sessions to those times. I could work in a manner of control, utilizing the limitless supply of lighting equipment to duplicate the conditions of that golden hour but then it wouldn't be golden. There is something magical in the rays of sunshine that illuminate our earth as it rises and again as sun sets on the horizon casting long shadows and softened hues, sometimes golden. I do rely on flash occasionally and if I'm lighting a subject against a sunset, off camera lighting makes for a dynamic shot; though these images are never the ones I choose to show in gallery.
Some may say that my lack of flash or lighting equipment might seem lazy but I disagree completely. Discovering the best light in different locations requires a creative eye and problem solving skills, even if it is the best time of day. It would be much easier to bring the light you need and never rely on your surroundings to find it, but then where is the magic? For me, the Art of Environmental Portraiture is allowing the location to light the subject, the light is the variable. I strive to solve an equation with every shutter release, light being the most important tool of my quest.

Here is Fastie, No Flash, No Filter.
























Love&Lifestyle Photographer Heather Ransley lives on Kauai and owns Kauai Bliss Photography, based in Koloa Hawaii, on the south shore of Kauai. Kauai photographer Heather Ransley specializes in Kauai portrait and family photography, Kauai wedding photography, Kauai Fine Art Photography and lifestyle photography. Please visit kauaiblissphoto.com to see more Kauai photography, Aloha! 





No comments:

Post a Comment